Help installing GNU Emacs on ESIX V.3.2

Paul Coppi coppi at karl.tapir.Caltech.EDU
Mon Mar 12 12:13:19 AEST 1990

Hi,

 Is there some kind soul out there who managed to
build GNU Emacs for Esix V.3.2 and would be willing to tell me
what tricks were involved? In config.h, I used m-intel386.h and
s-usg5-3.h. After fixing up (or thinking I did) problems with
missing include/library files, the program (temacs) compiled
without any error messages. However, the program crashed
upon execution with a "Bus Error" when compiled with cc
and "Memory Error" (something like that) when compiled with
gcc. Any ideas?? I must be doing something stupid, but I don't know
what. A description of your installation procedure would be
very helpful.

Many thanks,
 Paolo Coppi
 (coppi at karl.tapir.caltech.edu)