Hangup after ctrl-d

Art Neilson art at pilikia.pegasus.com
Sun Mar 4 05:57:44 AEST 1990

In article <178 at jorel.UUCP> jmcook at jorel.UUCP (joel m. cook) writes:
>I'm running AT&T SYS V R3.2u on an AT&T 6386.  On the
>one phone line that I have I have a uugetty with the
>following entry in /etc/inittab:
>
>00:23:respawn:/usr/lib/uucp/uugetty -t00 -r ttyA2 2400
>
>After someone has finished with their session, their
>ctrl-d logs them out, but the modem doesn't hang up, and
>issues another login prompt.  Is there any way I can get
>the modem to hang up once ctrl-d (or exit) is sent?
>I guess I can change the time parameter to something
>like -t20 so that after 20 seconds, uugetty exits, but
>I'm not sure even about that.  Any help is much appreciated.
>
>				Joel Cook
>--
>the end

Check your "2400" gettydefs entry.  Make sure you have HUPCL specified,
HUPCL is hangup on last close.  What happens is DTR will be dropped when
the last process associated with the tty closes or otherwise terminates.
The gettydefs entries below should work fine for modem lines:

2400# B2400 HUPCL OPOST ONLCR TAB3 BRKINT IGNPAR IXON IXANY PARENB ISTRIP ECHO ECHOE ECHOK ICANON ISIG CS7 CREAD # B2400 HUPCL OPOST ONLCR TAB3 BRKINT IGNPAR IXON IXANY PARENB ISTRIP ECHO ECHOE ECHOK ICANON ISIG CS7 CREAD #login: #1200

1200# B1200 HUPCL OPOST ONLCR TAB3 BRKINT IGNPAR IXON IXANY PARENB ISTRIP ECHO ECHOE ECHOK ICANON ISIG CS7 CREAD # B1200 HUPCL OPOST ONLCR TAB3 BRKINT IGNPAR IXON IXANY PARENB ISTRIP ECHO ECHOE ECHOK ICANON ISIG CS7 CREAD #login: #300

300# B1200 HUPCL OPOST ONLCR TAB3 BRKINT IGNPAR IXON IXANY PARENB ISTRIP ECHO ECHOE ECHOK ICANON ISIG CS7 CREAD # B300 HUPCL OPOST ONLCR TAB3 BRKINT IGNPAR IXON IXANY PARENB ISTRIP ECHO ECHOE ECHOK ICANON ISIG CS7 CREAD #login: #2400
Arthur W. Neilson III		| ARPA: art at pilikia.pegasus.com
Bank of Hawaii Tech Support	| UUCP: uunet!ucsd!nosc!pegasus!pilikia!art