Problems with /dev/lp

Lyle Seaman lws at comm.WANG.COM
Wed Mar 14 08:31:14 AEST 1990

k32018d at kaira.hut.fi (Timo Hyv|nen) writes:
>When I try to send something to /dev/lp, I get error msg this way:
>So, the port won't work. What is the problem? Have I configured something
>wrong? I did chmod 777 /dev/lp but it didnt help. What would??

Other responses have mentioned using lp1.  On my machine (running SCO)
with only one parallel port, there are jumpers on the motherboard which
select the IRQ to use for the parallel port.  This may be relevant to
your problem.
--
Lyle                     sendmail.cf under construction, pardon the From:
lws at comm.wang.com        (or, uunet!comm.wang.com!lws)  (508) 967-2322