GDB on SCO Unix SysV v3.2 ?

Sean Fagan seanf at sco.COM
Fri Mar 23 23:24:54 AEST 1990

In article <1990Mar21.205356.5766 at esegue.segue.boston.ma.us> johnl at esegue.segue.boston.ma.us (John R. Levine) writes:
>In article <8532 at pt.cs.cmu.edu> libove at ius3.ius.cs.cmu.edu (Jay Libove) writes:
>>at load time for 'gdb',{the function "asm" is undefined.
>You can probably build gcc and build gdb with that.  I know someone who did
>roughly that, though the gcc build happened on 386/ix.

I've built gdb with the MSC compiler (under SCO UNIX, of course 8-)), and
don't really remember this.  Well, I take that back:  I now have a vague
recollection of it, and I may have just used rcc (which is the AT&T
compiler) to compile the one module that had the asm's.  (I also didn't
think that gcc would take the syntax that dep.c uses, but maybe I'm wrong.)
Anyway, if you choose to go that route, you may need to use the following
flags when compiling any module with rcc: -DM_UNIX -DM_XENIX -DM_I386
-DM_COFF.  I think that will take care of it.

Oh, yeah:  you also won't be able to debug gdb with gdb, if you build it
with gcc.  It gets the debugging information very wrong.