COHERENT -- cheap *nix clone from Mark Williams CO

Randy Suess randy at chinet.chi.il.us
Sun Mar 25 01:06:10 AEST 1990

In article <118989 at looking.on.ca> brad at looking.on.ca (Brad Templeton) writes:
>Coherent is actually a very old product (in software terms) from aound 1982.
>I don't know how much it has progressed since then, but the old Coherent
>would remind you a lot of V7.  Small and capable of running on small
>machines.  If you liked V7 you'll like it.  If you're used to the
>mega-unix systems of today with GNU Emacs and 4.3BSD, you won't like it.

	Just got off the fone with Bob Swartz, owner of MWC.  He is an old
	friend from the original Chicago Area Computer Hobbiest Exchange.
	(C.A.C.H.E).  Coherent will be shipping in 5 weeks for $100.
	It will include most of what is needed to run a UNIX flavor on
	a pc.  Comes with all the normal stuff, including a uucp.
	Bob moved from the old beer sign factory (his dad owned it.
	Really weird old factory in a seedy part of Chicago.  Go towards
	the back, and there were Macs, pdp/11's, pc's, Commodore UNIX
	boxes, all scattered around a couple of rooms. Anybody visiting
	usually ended up with a JB race car or hanging Shlitz waterfall
	picture)  The $100 includes a complete set of manuals, including
	on-line.  Bob can be reached at uunet!mwc!rs.
	-randy

--
Randy Suess
randy at chinet.chi.il.us