Vertical mounting of SCSI drives?

Stuart Lynne sl at van-bc.UUCP
Fri Mar 9 17:25:48 AEST 1990

In article <27 at fmsystm.UUCP> macy at fmsystm.UUCP (Macy Hallock) writes:
>In article <10162 at leadsv.UUCP> hashemi at leadsv.LEADS.LMSC.COM.UUCP (Rahmat O. Hashemi) writes:
>>In article <3320003 at hpnmdla.HP.COM> darrylo at hpnmdla.HP.COM (Darryl Okahata) writes:
>>>

>From the Maxtor XT 8760E manual (I would presume the SCSI version is the
same):

	6.1 Mounting Orientation

	The XT-8000E may be mounted in any orientation. In any final
	mounting configuration, insure that the operation of the three
	shock mounts which isolate the base ....

So for Maxtor anyway, you can do what you like.

I do remember from years ago, probably a Seagate manual, stating that you
could mount the drive in any position except with the face plate down.

--
Stuart.Lynne at wimsey.bc.ca ubc-cs!van-bc!sl 604-937-7532(voice) 604-939-4768(fax)