VRAM Vga

Rob Peglar rpeglar at csinc.UUCP
Thu Mar 22 01:39:22 AEST 1990

In article <1990Mar21.051715.27439 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, brando at uiucme2.me.uiuc.edu (Brando W. Brown) writes:

> I meant exactly that.... We both have VEGA VGA cards not the Paradise. Even
> if you are talking of the Video Seven command and register subset, I'm
> sure that it is different than what you speak of or Interactive wouldn't
> have two different selections on the Client setup screen (/usr/bin/X11/xconfig)
> wouldn't you say?? Also, I mentioned earlier that I do get 16 colors, but
> they seem to be different than the standard set. example: All of the GIF
> files included with the User contributed 7 diskette set have one of two
> messages when I run xgif:
>
> XGIF:   Failure to Allocate Desired Colors.  &&
>
>         UTTERLY FAILED to allocate blah blah blah.....

First, I've selected the PVGA1A display type;  800x600 16 11x8 info;  other
items default, from /usr/bin/X11/xconfig.

My card is Paradise 60-603203-04 rev A.

I suspect your color allocation problems have to do with the server selected
and/or the colormaps used.

Rob

--
Rob Peglar	Control Systems, Inc.	2675 Patton Rd., St. Paul MN 55113
...uunet!csinc!rpeglar		612-631-7800

The posting above does not necessarily represent the policies of my employer.