ftp access over internet

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Fri Mar 2 12:38:31 AEST 1990

When using ftp over the internet - I can only access certain
sites - like uunet and iuvax.  I've tried various other
sites like watsun.cc.columbia.edu and simtel20.mil.army
but can't get a connection - yet various other sites work
just dandy.   What should I check in my setup?

                uucp: larry at nstar -or- ...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry
               4 inbound dialup high speed line public access system