want PST clock not EST in ix/386

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Sun Mar 11 00:49:53 AEST 1990

In article <9003092053.AA07364 at decwrl.dec.com> paine at fungus.enet.dec.com (Willy Paine) writes:
>I have ix/386 2.0.2 and I set up for PST time but the default date shows
>in EST instead of PST.   Under user's shell environment, I can use
>TZ=PST8PDT but I have couple of bbs login that run standalone bbs
>program that have no shell or environment.  Users are reading EST time
>inside bbs software instead of EST.   It must be able to set up default
>time to PST in startup program like rc or rc2 or rc*.

If you set up the /etc/TIMEZONE file correctly (see timezone(4)), the
rc2 script, which runs all the rc2.d startup scripts, will automatically
pick it up.

Instead of placing a TZ= into the /etc/profile, or any individual user's
login .profile, you should place a ". /etc/TIMEZONE".

                                                Sterling, VA 22170