UNIX 3.2 compatibility

John Limpert johnl at n3dmc.UU.NET
Thu Mar 22 22:34:58 AEST 1990

Are the 80386 UNIX systems from AT&T, ESIX, Intel, ISC and SCO
compatible at the device driver level?  I am interested in
upgrading from Microport System V/AT to an 80386 UNIX.  ESIX looks
like the best deal but the question of vendor support bothers me.
Is it possible to link a vendor supplied device driver into the
ESIX kernel even though the device driver was written for ISC UNIX?
Can I still run programs that were compiled and linked under
Microport System V/AT?

--
John A. Limpert			I'm the NRA!
Internet: johnl at n3dmc.UU.NET	UUCP: uunet!n3dmc!johnl