Console Display mode

Jerry D. Pierce jdp at PacBell.COM
Mon Mar 5 08:33:53 AEST 1990

I have a Wyse VGA monitor hooked up and running Interactive 2.0.2
on a Wyse 386 machine.  I would like to be able to use the monitor
in the 80x43 EGA mode, but am unable to "toggle" the correct bits
using ioctl calls.  I would think that a "ioctl(0, SW_ENHC80x43, 0)"
would put me into the correct mode, however when this is called I
go into "invisible console" mode.  :-(

I assumed (I know, a dangerous word) that I would be able to switch
modes fairly easily, from VGA on down to CGA...   Bad assumption?

The display(7) man page doesn't even MENTION vga displays.
(Luckily the kd.h files does...)

   Jerry Pierce
   pacbell!pbhyf!jdp