Problem with Interactive Unix and 3Com

Jon Ryshpan jon at hitachi.uucp
Fri Mar 2 13:16:37 AEST 1990

We can't run Interactive Unix 3.2 Version 2.0.2 with a 3com Etherlink-2
board.  When you start the system with networking enabled (ie. telinit 3)
and insert the ethernet connector, the system locks up.  It echos
characters but won't do anything else.  A 3com card works fine in a
Compaq on the same net.  A Western Digital card works fine in the
problem box.

Our 3com rep thinks that the problem may be the bios on the system.
It's an Intec (Schwab) clone with the A(merican) M(egatrends) I(nc) bios
(version unknown).

Has anyone else seen anything like this.  If so, please reply via
email.

Many Thanks:

Jonathan Ryshpan		<...!uunet!hitachi!jon>

M/S 420				(415) 244-7369
Hitachi America Ltd.
2000 Sierra Pt. Pkwy.
Brisbane CA 94005-1819