120/150 Mb tape drivers for ESIX?

Dennis S. Breckenridge root at nebulus.UUCP
Thu Mar 29 01:00:46 AEST 1990

In article <2610527E.4EDA at telly.on.ca> evan at telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) writes:
> tapes? Is it preferable to get a QIC-type controller, or to use the SCSI
> tape driver supplied with ESIX?

Hi Evan, I used the Tense Legacy tape backup package (150 meg wangtek system)
without problems under ESIX. It is capable of reading 60/120/150 meg tapes. If
you really want high density why not look at SCSI 8mm. Thats the way nebulus is
going. I would recomend, if you have the available IRQ,DMA and slot to go to
the Wangtek (TENSE) solution. It's proven technology and reasonably priced!