weirdness on 6386 WGS

Col. G. L. Sicherman gls at cbnewsh.ATT.COM
Fri Mar 2 15:19:55 AEST 1990

We use AT&T 6386 WGSs as optical-disk jukebox servers.  One of our
6386s has been doing strange things with the display.  Sometimes
what should be yellow shows up as red.  Lately it's been displaying
defective 8s and 0s -- they look as if they'd been ravaged by the
Cookie Monster.  Re-boot and everything's fine again.  The system
also tends to panic during certain phases of the moon (I have not
figured out which ones).

Has anybody else seen such things? Any ideas about what is going
on?  Are application programs overwriting the 6836's ROMs?
--
G. L. Sicherman
gls at odyssey.att.COM