AT&T unix V386 on Compaq hardware?

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.UU.NET
Sat Mar 3 04:52:23 AEST 1990

In article <209 at vidiot.UUCP> brown at vidiot.UUCP (Vidiot) writes:
>The SCO and ISC versions of Unix for the PC (I have the Compaq 386/20e running
>ISC version 2.0.2) are the AT&T System V release 3.2.
                       /\
                      /  \
                     /    \
                    BASED ON!

Each vendor, including AT&T as an end user vendor, handles
installation/configuration, some device drivers and documentation
itself.  Each vendor does some value adding as well.  Therefore
installation compatibilites vary.  It is legitimate to want the exact
same release on all boxes under one's control.  (Whether it's feasible
to do so, or worth the cost, is another matter.)

--
"A man came into the the office one day and said he  \|/  Tom Neff
was a sailor.  We cured him of that." - Mark Twain,  -O-  tneff at bfmny0.UU.NET