problems with Specialix SI/8 & 386/ix

Adrian Le Hanne alh at einoed.UUCP
Tue Mar 20 21:14:11 AEST 1990

I have some trouble to get a Specialix SI/8 board up and running in a
386/ix 2.0.2 environment. After a closer inspection of the symptoms it
seems that the problem lies in the detection of the dual ported ram and/or
the control registers.
At boot time the driver only prints his (C) message. Missing is the
message '8 ports found[...]'. I tested the hardware on another machine
with xenix (not ours ;-) and it runs fine.
Next to a Adapted 2322B there's a WD8003E in this machine but both cards
are not in the address area of the Specialix.
Specialix.uk does not respond to my e-mails. Shame on you, Specialix.

Adrian
Adrian S. Le Hanne           ..!tmpmbx!einoed!alh                    alh at einoed
Einoed Systemberatung. Joachimstalerstr.19, 1000 Berlin 15. Tel.:030 / 88000335
             "Le plus semblable aux morts meurt le plus 'a regret"