The Solution!! (Was: Re: Problems with /dev/lp)

Timo Hyv|nen k32018d at kaira.hut.fi
Fri Mar 16 17:50:00 AEST 1990

Thanks really much for all the people who bothered to answer me! Those
answers helped me to find the solution for the problem (in fact it was
almost too simple).

So, after all the thinking I decided that the error msg "cannot create"
meant that there was no such device at all. Because of the fact that all
the software was configured ok, I started examining my hardware, and voila:
the parallel port was disabled with a dipswitch.

Well, this time it took me only a week to find the cause for the problem.
Now my printer is working just fine :)

Timo

I						i tsh at otax.tky.hut.fi	I
I    Once I thought I was wrong... 		i mcvax!santra!otax!tsh I
I    ...but I was mistaken.			i Timo Hyv|nen		I
I						i Call! +358-0-468 2241	I