Info req. for Seagate ST296N SCSI Drive

Kurt Lidl smaug at eng.umd.edu
Wed Mar 28 03:33:23 AEST 1990

In article <1626 at watserv1.waterloo.edu> ssingh at watserv1.waterloo.edu ($anjay [+] $ingh - Indy Studz) writes:
>I have a Seagate ST296N SCSI drive, along with the ST02 adapter. (When
>you power-up, it say "SCSI Host Adapter 2.00")
>
>What determines a drives compatibility with Unix?

You need to have a device driver configured into your kernel that
supports that type of device.  I believe that most of '386 *nix variants
have a driver that knows how to talk to a Western Digital type
drive.  Don't know about a ST02/ST01 interface.

>One more question, if you are using this drive, but not the ST02 adapter,
>what adapter are you using?

Works fine for me using a GVP Impact2/0 controller on my Amiga 2000.
Not running U*ix (yet), but it *does* multi-task...

--
/* Kurt J. Lidl (smaug at eng.umd.edu) | Unix is the answer, but only if you */
/* UUCP: uunet!eng.umd.edu!smaug    | phrase the question very carefully. */