color for 386/ix

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Mon Mar 5 11:46:02 AEST 1990

As most of you know, I am running 386/ix.  I have a friend who
is interested in running 386/ix on his machine - but he really
wants color consoles.

Under SCO Xenix - the setcolor utility works rather well - and
keeps the console in the set up colors when using most of the system
utilities.

I received a "setcolor" utility for 386 unix and it works until
I bring up vi - in which case the console is reset to white on
black.  If I run this utility again, the set up color remains
active again until I run one of several system utilities or
applications in which case the console is reset.  Is there
any way to set and keep the console in a specific color combination?

--
The Northern Star Public Access Unix Site, Notre Dame, Indiana USA
     uucp: iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry    internet: larry at nstar