T18PC and ESIX HDUUCP

Scott E. Garfinkle dacseg at uts.amdahl.com
Thu Mar 1 13:47:40 AEST 1990

I know that variations of this subject have been beaten to death lately,
but here goes, anyway.

I have a Telebit T18pc (ROM B4.00) internal modem in my ESIX (SVR3.2/386)
system.  Despite my best efforts, I have been able to achieve only 75-100 cps
throughput!  This is using both the asy and the fas drivers.  The modem is
set up on COM2, and there is nothing else sharing the interrupt.  I have
the following setup in the Dialers script: AT S50=255, S110=0, S111=30, S58=2.
Everything else is set at "factory fresh" settings.  The line is not audibly
noisy, and I have tried with and without echo suppression (S121).  Oh, and
the speed is set to 19200, of course.

Is there anything I should be trying?

Scott E. Garfinkle