Korn shell availability?

Chip Rosenthal chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM
Sat Mar 24 14:09:11 AEST 1990

<15030012 at hpfinote.HP.COM> jackb at hpfinote.HP.COM (Jack Benzel) writes:
>Where can I get ksh [for XENIX] and what could I expect to pay for it?

Aspen Technologies has one.  I got it.  It mostly works.  I'm so pissed
off with these people that I will never purchase another product from them,
nor recommend it for my clients.  Too bad, because ksh would be nice to
have under XENIX.

I picked up a copy from somebody who was getting out of XENIX.  I called
up Aspen to notify them of the change of address and ask about their
upgrade policy.  Instead, I got a reading of the riot act which covered
everything from the importance of shrinkwrap licenses to the scourge of
software piracy in the Far East.  Apparently they seem to feel that their
software is a ball and chain, and once you buy it, you are stuck with
it.  If the day comes where you can't use it, too bad, all you can do is
throw it in your closet and let it gather dust.

I'm tempted to get one direct from the AT&T Toolchest and get that going.
But in the mean time, I guess I'm stuck with a copy which kind of works,
so long as you don't push it so it stack faults.

Maybe I can sell you my copy :-)

--
Chip Rosenthal                            |  Yes, you're a happy man and you're
chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM                  |  a lucky man, but are you a smart