Need information on VP/IX or DosMerge ability

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.UU.NET
Thu Mar 29 16:49:36 AEST 1990

I sometimes wonder how many people who think Locus Merge is so much
better than VP/ix are actually comparing the *286* VP/ix to the *386*
Merge.  I have found VP/ix 386 to be extremely robust and amenable
to new hardware through its DDA configuration system.  And the comm
ports work at 9600 almost anytime (if I start another DOS job they
do slow down).

I'm sure there's *something* only Merge allows -- there usually is,
and vice versa -- but neither one's a shoddy product.
--
Perestroika: could   \O\     Tom Neff
 it happen here?      \O\    uunet.uu.net!bfmny0!tneff