ATI VGA1024 in ISC 386/ix problem with driver

Vince Tan vincet at mead.UUCP
Mon May 7 21:39:35 AEST 1990

In article <29504 at cup.portal.com>, Dante_A_Nicolello at cup.portal.com writes:
> I have the same problem. I upgraded to 1.1 ($50) so I could use the 800x600
> mode of this card to find out that there was a bug in ISCs driver which
> will not be corrected until 1.2 (another $50?). I hope they also put in
> support for the 1024x763/16 color mode of the VGA Wonder. From what I
> understand, the problem is ISC purchased one of ATIs earlier versions
> of the board for testing. They did not know there were a few revisions
> of the card out there. Since it is a popular card with a good price
> I am sure ISC will now start to fully support it.

there's no problem in my system, ATI VGA wonder 512k, BIOS version
V3-1.05 and SONY 1304 monitor.  ISC X windows release 1.1 ATI VGA driver works
in 800x600x16 mode (at least in my case) with 512k installed only.
there's a utility program, ATI-INFO supplied with the adapter, that
can be used to find out how much memory your adapter recognizes.  i
used ATI-INFO to find out there was a bent pin in one of memory chips.

--Vince

--
Vincent Tan                                      (513) 865-1651
Mead Data Central, Inc.
P.O. Box 933                           mead!vincet at uccba.uc.edu
Dayton, Ohio 45401                        ...!uccba!mead!vincet