WD1007V-SE2 controller - 15Mb/s or not? Wren VI - 650MB or 1.1GB?

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Mon May 28 06:46:41 AEST 1990

In article <1576 at redsox.bsw.com> campbell at redsox.bsw.com (Larry Campbell) writes:
>So here (finally) is my question.  Is the WD1007V a bozo controller, or am
>I doing something wrong?  Can I actually use 93 sectors/track on my drive,
>and if I need a new controller to do so, which controller will work?

I recently replaced a Core "High Performance" ESDI controller supporting a
Core 90 MB ESDI drive with the WD1007V hoping to get a bit more performance
(which I did) and compatibility (ditto). The Core is of 1988 vintage; don't
know how the current product compares, but I'm pleased-as-punch with the WD.