Adaptec 154xB SCSI host adapter (was: Re: WD SCSI Controller)

David Alan Feustel feustel at well.sf.ca.us
Thu May 10 09:46:28 AEST 1990

I have two Adaptek 1542a controllers connected to a Connor 100meg SCSI
drive. Both controllers at bootup see the Conner drive, but only the
controller closest to the Conner drive is able to successfully read
the drive. I tried changing the cable but that didn't help. The cables
I've used may be too long. Does anyone know the maximum permissable
length for single-ended SCSI cabled bus?
--
Phone:	 (home) 219-482-9631
E-mail:	feustel at well.sf.ca.us	{ucbvax,apple,hplabs,pacbell}!well!feustel