386 Motherboards

The Imaginative Moron aka Joey Pheromone paul at dialogic.com
Fri May 4 01:58:44 AEST 1990

In article <MAT.90May2214726 at zeus.megaron.arizona.edu> mat at zeus.opt-sci.arizona.edu (Mat Watson) writes:

>Since *nix swaps entire jobs ( which I assume are larger than the
>cache ), doesn't that screw up the hit rate?

False premise. Unix V/386 rel 3 is primarily demand paged. It *does* swap
complete jobs, but only under peculiar circumstances and great duress.
The prime memory managment scheme is demand paging.

--
Paul Bennett	      |  			| "I give in, to sin, because
Dialogic Corp.	      |   paul at dialogic.UUCP	|  You have to make this life