comp.unix.sco alternative

James O'Connor jim at bahamut.fsc.com
Fri May 4 21:24:04 AEST 1990

It just dawned on me, after reading Chip Salzenberg's statement about where
the real Usenet power lies (i.e. with the owners and administrators of the
machines that Usenet flows to/through), that if there REALLY are many people
who want to see a catchall SCO newsgroup (or groups), that there should
be plenty of people willing to take the time to set up thier machines to
accept a separate "sco" hierarchy.

The creation of a separate heirarchy, and its success, would definitely
prove to us doubters that a sco-specific group has merits.

Personally, as the one with the power on "tiamat" (and I feed several other
sites these days), I wouldn't pick up an SCO heirarchy.  I know the people
who really know Unix, Xenix, or whatever we call it (I wonder if Bo knows
Unix? :-), and its applications, are going to be posting in other places.
James B. O'Connor			Work:	jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Data Processing Manager  		Play:   jim at bahamut.fsc.com
Ahlstrom Filtration, Inc.		UUCP:	uunet!tiamat!jim