Mandex motherboards and SCO Unix 3.2

David Johnson david at isipc.UUCP
Sat May 26 05:26:19 AEST 1990

    I am currently having a problem expanding memory from 8 MB to
10 MB using SCO Unix 3.2.1 (Open Desktop).  I am using a 32-Bit Expansion
Card (Proprietary) in a Mandex Motherboard with 80ns Ram Chips.  The board,
memory chips, and motherboard have been tested and retested and seem
to be working fine.

    When the card is inserted and configured into BIOS, Unix fails to get
started properly.  The two errors that show up are unexpected NMI and
memory parity error at unknown address.

    I am interested in talking to anybody having experience using extended
memory cards and SCO Unix.

                                           David Johnson
                                           Industrial Systems, Inc.
                                           (206) 481-6325