2nd call to vote comp.unix.sco, undecided? PLEAD READ!

Ed Ackerman Programmer ela at bdgltd.UUCP
Fri May 4 02:46:57 AEST 1990

In article <382 at comcon.UUCP> tim at comcon.UUCP (Tim Brown) writes:

>Personally I have benifited time and time again from the mix in this
>group.  Unix is unix and we all (as in all brands) help each other and
>benifit from the association.  I say we leave it the way it is.

Amen, brother. Since, according to the last figures I saw, SCO has a majority
of the installed/sold systems (Xenix) why bother? It's bad enough that I have
wade through 3 or 4 groups to get answers now. Isn't the whole point of OSF/UI
to eliminate all the differing versions of Unix out there? Why when the Unix
vendors are starting to get their act together, are we arguing about spliting
a group off?