Using a Hayes Modem with ISC 386/ix

Gordon Marwood marwood at ncs.dnd.ca
Tue May 29 02:19:13 AEST 1990

	I am interested in finding out if anyone has a working
configuration for a Hayes Smartmodem 1200 or 2400 for a 386/ix system.
The configuration that I am interested in is for incomming calls only.

	The problem that I am having is that after the first successful
connect, login and disconnect from the Unix system the process "getty"
seems to hang or loop, in any case it will not allow the modem to answer
any more calls.

	The information that I am looking for is the configuration for
the modem itself and the entries used in the "/etc/inittab" and
"/usr/lib/uucp/Devices" files.

Gordon Marwood
Internet: marwood at ncs.dnd.ca