VP/ix on a Wyse 120/150

Pim Zandbergen pim at cti-software.nl
Thu May 3 19:35:18 AEST 1990

I vaguely remember that this question has been asked before,
but could not find it in my archives.

The question is whether a Wyse 120 (called the Wyse 150 outside of Europe)
should work exactly the same as a Wyse 60 in VP/ix or that
a different /usr/vpix/term file is needed.

At first the Wyse 120 would hang as soon as VP/ix is started,
but this turned out to be caused by the Telebit modems connecting
the Wyse to the host. After disabling XON/XOFF flow control in the modems
everything works.

But after quitting VP/ix, the terminal still is in scancode mode.
It will not even let me change this manually, because it will
not let me enter the setup.

I am running VP/ix 1.1.1 on ISC 386/ix 2.0.2
Pim Zandbergen                             domain : pim at cti-software.nl
CTI Software BV                            uucp   : uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!ctisbv!pim
Laan Copes van Cattenburch 70              phone  : +31 70 3542302
2585 GD The Hague, The Netherlands         fax    : +31 70 3512837