vga adapters for SCO ODT

Rick Farris rfarris at serene.UUCP
Fri May 4 03:59:48 AEST 1990

In article <5209 at scorn.sco.COM> dionj at sco.COM (Dion L. Johnson) writes:

> Our engineering folks tell me that the Video 7 1024i VGA board
> will work in noninterlaced 1024x768 mode IFF you have the most
> recent update UB (or UA).

That's going to be big news for the Video7 (Headland) people,
Dion, because they think the 1024i will only do 1024x768 in
interlace mode.  :-)  In fact, the 'i' in '1024i' stands for
interlace.

And on top of all that, I can tell you for sure that the update
UB drivers drive it in interlace, because I have one and I've
tried it.

Incidently, I tried 1024x768 interlace on my NEC 4d and Video7
1024i, and there are two problems: a) the flicker on the short-
phosphor 4d is unacceptable, and b) even if there was no
flicker, I'm pretty sure that the writing would be too small
and fuzzy for this 16" monitor.  I recommend 20" or above and
at least medium persistence phosphors...

Rick Farris   RF Engineering  POB M  Del Mar, CA  92014   voice (619) 259-6793
rfarris at serene.uu.net      ...!uunet!serene!rfarris       serene.UUCP 259-7757