Open Desktop and device drivers

Clayton Haapala clay at uci.mn.org
Fri May 25 14:23:37 AEST 1990

In article <97 at bohra.cpg.oz> als at bohra.cpg.oz (Anthony Shipman) writes:

>In summary:
>
>Is IRQ2 usable with SCO Unix?
>
>Is the kernel and hwconfig report of a vector of 11 when I ask for 9 just a
>reporting bug or is the vector really wrong inside where it counts?

Under XENIX 386 2.3, to use vector 2 (or 9 -- same thing, really), one must
specify vector 25.  If SCO has done something similar again, there is a new
magic vector number to pick when using vector 9.  This number shouldn't be
11, which is a 'real' vector number.

I don't have much real experience with SCO UNIX -- just XENIX.  Hope this help
a bit.
--
Clayton Haapala                ...!bungia!uci!clay (clay at uci.com)
Unified Communications Inc.    "Every morning I get in the Queue.