ATI VGA1024 in ISC 386/ix problem with driver

David Anderson dave at uci.mn.org
Thu May 24 23:48:32 AEST 1990

In article <2679 at syma.sussex.ac.uk> jonm at syma.sussex.ac.uk (Jonathan Meyer) writes:
>> I have an ATI VGA Wonder and I have no trouble using it in 800x600 16 colors
>> mode under X11R3 Version 1.1 (386/ix 2.02)
>>
>> However 1024x768 is not supported.
>>

>I on the other hand have an ATI VGA Wonder which works fine in
>800x600 except that it flakes out on VT switches. Talked with ISC
>about this, and concluded that it is very strange! Answer for me is
>to go to 8514/A ASAP.

Hmmmm, I've got an ATI VGA Wonder card myself, but have not had any luck
getting it to run in 800x600 mode.  Yes, I have installed the proper update
from ISC that included an ATIVGA driver for X Windows.  Anybody willing
to summarize just what it takes to get this mode operational?  Works great
otherwise!
David L. Anderson		  dave at uci.mn.org or dave at uci.com
Unified Communications, Inc.
Suite 500                           "Cold Fusion?  Try sticking your tongue
Bloomington, MN  55425               on a pipe during a Minnesota January."