KERMIT under Sys 5

Jeff Abrahamson jma at abel.UUCP
Tue May 8 00:49:08 AEST 1990

	I imagine this problem is similar on any 386 machine running unix.

	I am trying to get kermit running under ISC 1.0.6.  I am using
an Everex EV941 internal modem.

	Now, the modem works just fine under uucp and cu (as well as
under stand-alone DOS).  Under kermit, though, I can get it to dial
out and make a connection, but kermit never notices that the
connection is made and flags the call failed.

	Does anyone have experience with this or know where I might
look?  What is kermit looking for to flag the call successful?

	I'll summarize and post if interest warrents.

	Thanks.

-Jeff

	[Please reply to jma at grad1.cis.upenn.edu.  Incoming mail to
abel sometimes has problems.]

--
--------
Jeff Abrahamson				jma at grad1.cis.upenn.edu
UPenn Mathematics
Bicycle Coalition of the Delaware Valley