getty hangs up modem line

Colonel Panic aland at infmx.UUCP
Sat Sep 1 10:05:32 AEST 1990

In article <1111 at upvax.UUCP> stevewa at upvax.UUCP (Steve Ward) writes:
>In article <85 at usun01.UUCP> hoepfner at usun01.UUCP (Andreas Hoepfner) writes:
>>Everytime I get an incomming call via phone, the modem picks up the
>>line and immediately drops it again ! I tried several gettydefs
>>configurations, but always with the same problem, so the other
>>host is not able to poll my 386/IX System.
>
>Check your modem configuration settings...

One other thing to check -- I ran into this just this week.  If one
of the modems is MNP auto-reliable and the other is not MNP-capable,
the same behavior can occur.  My problem went away when I disabled
MNP on my side [changed the Dialers entry to use n0 (Normal) instead
of n3 (Auto-Reliable)].

--
Alan Denney      aland at informix.com      {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland

 "Girl, we couldn't get much higher."  -  Joe Isuzu