Disk Mirroring (was Re: Altos 5000)

Dermot Tynan dtynan at altos86.Altos.COM
Sat Sep 1 11:29:07 AEST 1990

In article <89 at rsoft.bc.ca>, frank at rsoft.bc.ca (Frank I. Reiter) writes:
> In article <3895 at altos86.Altos.COM> dtynan at altos86.Altos.COM (Dermot Tynan) writes:
> >but [disk mirroring] will double your disk reliability.
>
> Maybe I've missed something, but it seems to me that the results should be
> orders of magnitude better than that.
> Frank I. Reiter              UUCP:  {uunet,ubc-cs}!van-bc!rsoft!frank

This is true.  However, I didn't want to be accused of using overrated
figures.  You can certainly guarantee doubling reliability, but on this
network, you'd get flamed from on high if you took that too far...
						- Der
--
	Dermot Tynan,  Altos Computer Systems,  San Jose, CA   95134
	dtynan at altos86.Altos.COM		(408) 432-6200 x4237

	"Five to one, baby, one in five.  No-one here gets out alive."