X11 bashing

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Thu Apr 25 08:47:37 AEST 1991

In article <BARNETT.91Apr23224711 at grymoire.crd.ge.com> barnett at crdgw1.ge.com writes:
> I agree about the language. The problem is parsing code like
> 	foo bar blatz mumble tilderoll
> You have to know each operator and how many items it pops/pushes off
> the stack.

You young kids today. You're spoiled by all this memory! Back in the old
days where you were amazed when you actually had a full 64K to play with
and the only language that could do the job right was Forth... in those
days you learned how to program stack code. Use whitespace and comments!

			%  babble
	foo bar		%  grubbish bubbles
	  blatz		%  grubbish bubbles-x bubbles-y
	  mumble	%  grubbish+deltax grubbish+deltay
	  tilderoll	%  frobozz status | false

Peter da Silva.  `-_-'  peter at ferranti.com

dup 0 <# # # #> type bl emit over + swap do i c@ fixup emit loop cr emit