Killer Micro Question

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au
Thu Nov 15 16:18:53 AEST 1990

In article <16364 at s.ms.uky.edu>, randy at ms.uky.edu (Randy Appleton) writes:
> I have been wondering how hard it would be to set up several
> of the new fast workstations as one big Mainframe.
> The advantage is that this seup should be able to deliver a fair
> number of MIPS to a large number of users at very low cost.
> So my questions is, do you think this would work?  How well do you
> think this would work?

Yes it did work.  Cambridge University had a wall full of 68000s
doing this sort of thing about 7 years ago (it had been running for
some time, that's just when I saw it).
--
The problem about real life is that moving one's knight to QB3
may always be replied to with a lob across the net.  --Alasdair Macintyre.