Multiple Postings to this Newsgroup Recently

Tony Hackenberg vvawh at convx1.lerc.nasa.gov
Fri Nov 16 10:44:08 AEST 1990

The interesting thing about this is how rude most of the responses I got
back.  Only a few people (perhaps the most knowledgeable about the
software involved in posting) even thought it might be a mistake (i.e.
human error) or a bug in our posting software.  It was quite a surprise
to hear from most of the others that merely assumed I was an idiot who
delighted in sending out multiple postings.  I wonder why so many of us
overlooked the simplest explanation of user error?

I checked with our newsgroup/rn/pnews experts and they could not see why
my message was posted multiple times.  My message looked okay when I
entered it (within Pnews) but when it went out the text of my message
was placed inside the header items.  Some experts here believe that was the
problem.  We/I will test that out to the special newsgroup set-up for such
testing.

To the civilized readers of this newsgroup: I am sorry for wasting your time
with multiple messages that were apparently due to an accident/human error.
To the rest of you:  well, I'm to much of a civilized gentleman to say what's
on my mind.

--
Tony Hackenberg
NASA/Lewis Research Center M.S.142-2, 21000 Brookpark Rd., Cleveland, OH 44135