Amdahl UTS based on V.4?

Tom Littauer littauer at uts.amdahl.com
Sat Oct 6 09:16:24 AEST 1990

In article <267 at audfax.audiofax.com> arnold at audiofax.com (Arnold Robbins) writes:
>Would anyone from Amdahl care to give us a date as to when a V.4 based
>UTS will be available?

Our current release (UTS 2.1) has enough SVR4 in it that AT&T requires you
to have a SVR4 source license before we can ship you our source. There's a
lot of stuff in this release that corresponds to the answers people give
when we ask them what they want that SVR4 gives them (X Windows, BSD 4.3
networking). We don't claim SVR4 compliance at this time, but will be there.
Company policy forbids my speculating on dates, especially in an open forum.

Yes, this represents Amdahl's opinion; at least for now :-)
UUCP:  littauer at amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,ames,uunet}!amdahl!littauer
DDD:   (408) 737-5056
USPS:  Amdahl Corp.  M/S 278,  1250 E. Arques Av,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086

I'll tell you when I'm giving you the party line. The rest of the time
it's my very own ravings (accept no substitutes).