NQS problem(s)

Renu Raman ram at shukra.Eng.Sun.COM
Sun Oct 21 10:42:26 AEST 1990

Hi,

   I have NQS now and tried to compile it and Run it here (on a Sun4/470 running
   4.0.3).  The README or doc was scanty related to description about how to
   start it. Anyways, I have found my way around to the point where the
   netdaemon starts and fails. The error msg I get is

   bagita# NQS(FATAL): Tra_read() error in nqs_rbuild().
   NQS(INFO):  Errno value: 2.
   NQS(INFO):  Transaction-id: 1.
   NQS(INFO):  Errno value: 2.
   NQS(INFO):  Execution aborted.

   Since the installation doc. is so skimpy, I haven't the faintest clue as to
   why this is happening. All I can figure out is stat of a trasaction-fd (
   presumably, its stat-ing all trasaction ids i.e. fds during boot assuming
   some were left from a crash) is returnig the value -1. The function
   tra_read calls get_mtime, which in turn calls tdescrpath and its tdescrpath
   which is returning a path for the fd corresponding to the transaction-id that
   get_mtime is not being able to stat(2). Any pointers towards the right
   direction would be appreciated..

   renu raman