Controller/driver combo... will it work?

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.UUCP
Thu Apr 7 00:31:46 AEST 1988

In article <327 at uport.UUCP> jmsully at uport.UUCP (John M. Sully) writes:
>We will have support for non-17 sector per track drives in the next release
>of the 386 system.  No date on availability in the 286 system.

Details please.

Are you intending to support only that which is in the user's BIOS in the
sec/track area, or will it be completely configurable (ala Xenix).

Also; there are several parameters which are not accessible on your HD
driver to the user.  Do you intend to move these into the 'modifyable' arena
as well? (ie: CCB option byte, etc).

Thirdly, will this next release fix the ungodly partitioning scheme your
system V/386 uses, so I can have peaceful coexistance with other operating
systems and partitions without pulling my hair out?

And can we have the 'sar' disk activity code put back in please, so 'sar'
can report on disk I/O activity (on the '286, the '386 I haven't checked)?

----
Karl Denninger                 |  Data: +1 312 566-8912
Macro Computer Solutions, Inc. | Voice: +1 312 566-8910
...ihnp4!ddsw1!karl            | "Quality solutions for work or play"