telebit on uBug 286 - update

william vajk learn at igloo.UUCP
Sun Apr 10 02:56:12 AEST 1988

In article <4396 at b-tech.UUCP>, zeeff at b-tech.UUCP (Jon Zeeff) writes:
> In article <524 at igloo.UUCP> learn at igloo.UUCP (william vajk) writes:

> >My combination here doesn't get hosed, though the thruput measured from the
> >other end shows maybe 500 chars/sec thruput, and they have cpu cycles left
> >to burn on the other end running a '386 box with sco.

> Another option might be to use a low cost pc running uucp to receive the
> stuff at 9600 bps and the feed it to your unix machine later at a low baud
> rate.  Aren't cheap pc's about $800 now?

Well well. The only option we have to patching around the broken OS is
to go out and buy another machine to take on the tasks that microport
cannot handle ? :-) I suppose I should do that, if only to shame microport
into fixing their product. UUCP screams Unix, not ms-dos.

Igloo has been up and running for over a year. I waited, and didn't start
gritching till November 1987, almost 6 months ago. Can it be that an
AMERICAN OEM cannot fix their product in that time, assuming they *really*
wanted to ? With the success that xenix has shown on the '286 family, we know
that unix should work as advertised.

> AT&T also publishes their device driver code for the 3B things.  Look for
> their driver design guide.

Anyone have an idea where I can start looking for this ?

Bill Vajk                                             learn at igloo