device drivers and dma (help please)

Larry Williamson larry at focsys.UUCP
Thu Apr 14 07:44:12 AEST 1988

We are writing a device driver that must use dma to fetch data
from an interface board. The documentation that microport supplies
with SV/AT is somewhat inadequate. We've been able to do most of
what we need, but there are some details missing.

We are looking for a guide that will help us out here. Some one
on the net recommended the book "writing a unix device driver",
but they did not say who the author or publisher was. It costs
approximately $25.00US. Does anyone know more about this or other
books?

--
Larry Williamson                      Focus Automation Systems
UUCP: watmath!focsys!larry    608 Weber St. N, Waterloo, Ontario N2V 1K4