Microport BBS

william vajk learn at igloo.UUCP
Fri Apr 22 07:55:02 AEST 1988

In article <331 at uport.UUCP>, jmsully at uport.UUCP (John M. Sully) writes:

> 1680 is a Hayes 1200 and the other two are Telebit Trailblazers and may give
> problems since I haven't figured out how to get the #$^%&#$ things to try
> PEP mode last.

Igloo sports one anchor automation 2400 baud modem, and a Telebit Trailblazer.

We experience no problems with connects to either modem at 3/12/24, and the
telebit at 9600. We are using Karl Deninger's autobaud getty, which requires
at most 2 CR's on the telebit, and one on the slow modem. The telebit does
reply in PEP mode, and the only difficulty I've ever been able to duplicate
is calling in to it with a USR Courier set to atx6, in which event the
telebit bursts are interpreted as voice, and the Courier hangs up. I
don't consider this a problem.

There have been no problems with connects via PC Persuit.