Latest version of Microport Unix/386

Ross Wetmore rwwetmore at watmath.waterloo.edu
Thu Apr 7 10:41:56 AEST 1988

In article <328 at uport.UUCP> jmsully at uport.UUCP (John M. Sully) writes:
>In article <24166 at clyde.ATT.COM> wtr at moss.UUCP (Bill Rankin) writes:
>
>>It's a crock that microport won't package the same compiler tools
>>that they use along with their product!
>
>We do.  We use the both the stock V/AT and V/386 compilers for all
>development work here.  The entire kernel and all utilities are compiled
>with the compilers which we ship with our products.

  John is correct. I have recompiled some of their code with a 1.2 beta
release compiler package and found it byte-for-byte compatible.

  Now for the big question. What has happened to the upgrade to the
Portable Compiler package and (when) is it going to be released?

Ross W. Wetmore                 | rwwetmore at water.NetNorth
University of Waterloo          | rwwetmore at math.waterloo.edu
Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1       | {clyde, ihnp4, ubc-vision, utcsri}
(519) 885-1211 ext 3491         |   !watmath!rwwetmore