telebit on uBug 286 - update

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.UUCP
Sun Apr 3 21:10:08 AEST 1988

In article <878 at nuchat.UUCP> steve at nuchat.UUCP (Steve Nuchia) writes:
:I will take this opportunity to renew my call for interrupt-driven
:driver sources for microbug.  Anything at all would be handy.

With a few arcane exceptions, all Unix sio drivers are interrupt driven.
The problem with hish speed serial input is that other parts of the
operating system have sections of "critical code".  The usual practice
in "critical code" is to disable interrupts while the kernel is
"dropping its pants".  It takes quite a bit of kernel hacking to keep
these ciritical code segments short.