Controller/driver combo... will it work?

Seth J. Bradley sjb at dalek.UUCP
Mon Apr 4 14:23:37 AEST 1988

In article <820 at anasaz.UUCP>, chad at anasaz.UUCP (Chad R. Larson) writes:
> >> ...  Microport said they don't support RLL and don't
> >> have any plans to in the near future.  The drivers count on the
> >> hard disk having 17 sectors per cylinder, and the RLL concept uses
> >> 26 per.

When I spoke to my Microport salesperson(can't recall her name)
a few weeks ago, she said Microport would support RLL controllers
within three months.  If any Company people are reading this,
what is the true story on this issue?

--
Seth J. Bradley     UUCP: uunet!ubvax!dalek!sjb