386 w/ locus-merge

Shawn McDonald 512+377-6226 mechsfm at tness1.UUCP
Fri Feb 12 01:58:05 AEST 1988

In article <713 at cygnet.CYGNETSYSTEMS> will at cygnet.CYGNETSYSTEMS (Will Nelson) writes:
>Is this group restricted to 286 machines?

I hope not.

>Is anyone out there using an 80386 system running
>Microport SV.3 and Locus' Merge?

Not exactly, but close.  We are using an 80386 machine with Microport SV.3
and Microport's DOSMerge.

>We'd be happy to share experiences and workarounds.

I would also be interested in hearing about experiences and problems
encountered.  I would especially like to here a discussion from
other 80386 users who are using DOSMerge.  I would also
appreciate hearing from people who are using other DOS command
processors within SV.3 such as Locus Merge, DOSMerge, etc.
I am interested in other DOS processors because I think DOSMerge
has some major problems in mapping tty ports to com ports, and
also in supporting a VGC.

----
Shawn McDonald			...ihnp4!killer!tness1!tness5!mechsfm
SWBT / Network Mechanization		(512)377-6226
San Antonio, TX